CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

11.01.2009

Happy.... pheasant season!

In our house, Halloween got over shadowed by the opening weekend of pheasant season. Some in the family would tell you it's the most important holiday of the year. The first morning everyone's up early. Earlier than necessary because they're too excited. My mother-in-law makes a feast for breakfast and sends them on their way.



As the sun crests over the hills to the east, everyone piles out of trucks and SUVs. The dogs are excited, as if they can smell it in the air. They guys are constantly watching the clock and a few minutes before 8 am they move into place. I go along, shooting with my camera instead of a shot gun.

Within the first ten minutes our nephew harvested the first bird of the season. Total they got eight birds. It was a good day.

Meanwhile, back home... we forgot the cardinal rule of trick or treating and left our porch light on. A fire department member called to tell us if we went out of town for Halloween we should turn our proch light off. Oops! To all the trick or treaters that stopped at our house, sorry for leaving the light on!

1 comments:

the Provident Woman said...

I absolutely love pheasant. I actually cooked myself for the first time last week. Usually I just eat it when my folks make it and I invite myself over. This time I made it for my hubby and kids. they loved it. Now I want more. I'm sending the men hunting.

Just wanted to let you know I have a giveaway on my blog.
theprovidentwoman.com