CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

11.07.2009

New 9 to 5

When I was laid off in June I had no idea what was in store for me. There were so many questions. So many unknowns. And the unknown is scary. Eventually I washed my hands of the worry and stress. I gave that to God. My job was to focus on finding a job that was exactly what I wanted.

And I did. I just finished started my second week as marketing director for Farm Safety 4 Just Kids. FS4JK is a national non-profit established in 1987 by Marilyn Adams after her 11-year-old son died in a gravity flow grain wagon accident. Volunteers across the country and Canada form Chapters that put on various farm safety programs in their communities. The programs are on a number of different topics including animals, chemicals, tractors, atvs, seat belt use, and various other potential hazards facing kids in rural areas.

As a "country kid" growing up, I've always had a passion for agriculture. Certainly more than I ever did for retirement. In the last week I've learned that going to work every day beliving in what I'm doing and knowing that I am helping make a difference is what everything is about. I already feel very at home there and that feels good.

0 comments: