CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

7.29.2010

DIY Wedding Invites

I have a slight obsession with paper. All the different colors. The different patterns. It goes hand-in-hand with my addiction to pens and markers. And old fashioned letter press. I love the way paper smells. And I enjoy the smooth glide of a good fountain pen or Sharpie marker. Scrapbooking, decorating, and handmade invitations make me swoon.

With a blank sheet of paper and a good pen, the possibilities are endless. Just like photography.

So given my passion for paper, pens, fonts, and printing... I love getting wedding invitations. I love it even more when they're handmade! We got three wedding invitations this week. I was so excited to discover all three of them are made by hand.

Given there might be other paper fanatics, I thought I would share them with you over the next few days. They're all very different, unique to each couple. The first wedding invitation we got is for Bobbier and Adam. If you didn't know them, you would after getting this in the mail.




They (I'm assuming probably Bobbier) even made the envelopes! I didn't think about blogging these until after I opened them. Had I gotten the idea before I would have been more careful about opening them.



Bobbier and Adam love the outdoors and nature. They love hiking, backpacking, camping, and taking their dog Sally anywhere outside. The browns and greens are very natural. As are the stiff textures of the rough brown card stock and the raffia tie.


The green velum added a fun element and a new texture on the inside.


I l.o.v.e. this embossed stamp! I believe it's a hydrangea.




This is a perfect example of why I love invitations. It's one of the best ways to personalize your wedding. And it's the first glimpse your guests will have of what's in store for your big day. Sets the tone if you will. Personally, I think making your own invites gives you the freedom to do exactly what you want. But it's not for everyone.


And after tying over 100 bows for our wedding invitations almost six years ago, I completely understand why buying them is so appealing!

Look for Kady and Brian as well as Allison and Terry's invites coming soon!


1 comments:

Stefany said...

Bobbier did such a nice job. They are beautiful. Hydrangeas are my favorite! I also remember how time consuming it was to make our wedding invitations, but would still do it again and again!